Wild for Cats Annual Fundraising Campaign
Dear Friends of Lake Highlands High School,
Each school year, Wild for Cats – The Academic Booster Club for Lake Highlands High School, conducts a fundraising campaign to enhance academics at Lake Highlands High School. As a result of community support, Wild for Cats has funded a variety of programs to promote success and improve academic opportunities for all students.
Contributions to Wild for Cats have provided LHHS with additional funds to support a range of class needs, instructional resources, field trips, professional development, and more. Thanks to Wild for Cats donors, we were able to fund the PSAT/NMSQT registration for ALL juniors in October 2019 and we hope to make this a regular goal in the future! This allows our students to get a head start on the SAT and college preparation. See the list of 2018-19 disbursements here.
Twice a year, Wild for Cats partners with Principal Kerri Jones and her staff to identify needs and allocate funds through our Local School Council. Some of the typical needs include:
- Teacher “wish lists” and departmental needs not met by the district
- Experiential learning opportunities for students including field trips and competitions
- Taking advantage of new construction with enhanced collaborative learning centers, including furniture and equipment
- Standardized test registration, preparation and online study aids
- Student and staff recognition and positive behavior incentive programs
- Professional development including training and conferences
- Student academic recognition events
We need your support to meet these goals. Please contribute today by mailing your check payable to Wild for Cats Fund – RISD Excellence in Education Foundation. You can also contribute online at www.WildforCats.com.
We look forward to your continued support of Wild for Cats. All donors will receive a “Wild for Cats” yard sign and will be recognized at various academic ceremonies, on our website, and in the All Sports Program. We also encourage you to join the Future 500 Club, pledging to make gifts of at least $500 per year for the next five years. Plus, all donors of $500 or more from last school year and new Future 500 donors are invited to join us for a celebration on the stadium patio each fall. Please consider an investment in the academic success of our students.
Thank you so much for helping to keep Lake Highlands High School the strong academic center of our community!
Kay & Tom Shelton
Chairmen, Wild for Cats 2020-2021